I had an early mark for my two weeks holiday, I finished Wednesday, and I plan on enjoying every moment of them. I started by getting up early (no sleep-in this time) and getting in an hour walk to put a spring in my step.
Here are the results of my last few craft projects.
This week at my PWC the lovely Marie took us through this card making project. The one on the left was my first card, the one on the right was a kit I put together at home. It was a fabulous evening, of fun and laughter. Thanks again Marie!
These make-up/toiletry bags are made using the tutorial from Noodle Head from my last blog post. A fat quarter of fabric made two matching bags. I have added the tab on the left to grasp when opening the pouch and an inner pocket on the larger bag. The options are endless!
A recent purchase of an adjustable zipper foot was the catalyst for these pouches. I have always thought that the zipper foot, standard issue for my Janome 6500p and my previous Janome for that matter were badly designed, and quite ineffectual when inserting zips, but didn’t realize there were generic options until I read this post from You Sew Girl. It was my light bulb moment in zip insertions I guess.
I immediately went to the site mentioned, Sew Much Easier Ebay site in the post and had a new zipper foot heading my way before I could say “I’ll use Pay pal for that, thank you very much!”
This is the original foot, see how much wider the back of the foot is in comparison to the seam allowance.
The generic foot just makes sense, I have no idea why a wide backed zipper foot is ever a good idea??
I have been sticking to my self imposed new project embargo, oh if ya don’t count the above mentioned pouches, but that was a necessity just to try out the new foot! So don’t bother mentioning that in your comments please!!!LOL
I have finished this baby quilt (that I forgot to photograph finished) for the birth of the granddaughter of my nail tech. It was a quickie, started and finished in just a week, including the machine quilting! That set me on a mission to get a few more of my tops quilted, and I basted two in preparation.
One down, and this one is on my machine bed right now, and I have decided on the design, so it should be finished very soon!
As it is spring, I can’t go without a few photo from our garden. All work done by Greg, I just enjoy the results!
Both of these came to us from a client of Greg’s who wanted them dug out and disposed of, so they came to live in our garden….I think they like it here!
Recently my sister Wanda and I went to a High Tea fund raiser for Breast Cancer Research, it was a lovely morning and we had a fun time together.
I treated myself to a new dress for the occasion, and for the occasion of reaching my goal weight! It was a great feeling, but it is now the real work begins, maintaining has always been my stumbling block! Wish me luck!
It’s time to get a start on that quilting, so good night for now! Thanks for visiting,