Translate my blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Road Trip

We left home on Monday morning at the civilized hour of 8.30am!

We travelled via the Newell Highway.  As we passed through Inglewood a large storm began to develop.  We kept driving in an attempt to outrun it.  Fortunately we managed to miss the worst of it, but just out of Goondiwindi there was a fire caused by a lightening strike it had jumped the road and as a result of reduced visibility the  road was closed for about 20 minutes after we arrived.

We chatted to the truck driver stopped in front of us, and found he had grown up in nearby Inverell, and knew my sister Leonie’s mother-in-law!! Such a small world isn’t it!

Our first night was spent in Coonabarabran, it was a bit colder than I had expected, but we stayed in a very nice caravan park with clean facilities and lots of hot water, that easily made up for the temperature.

We have a small heater that warms the van nicely so we were snug inside.

P1050659 These trees were in full bloom in the main street of Coonabarabran.

Today we headed south towards Dubbo. 

P1050660

Jordan has an X-Box friend Steve, he wanted to meet, who lives in Geurie about 50k’s south of Dubbo so after a phone call and a few hasty arrangements, we dropped into for a short chat, and made tentative arrangements to call in again on the return journey.

The highlight of my day was a visit to The Home Patch in Bathurst.

I have been a long time fan of Anni Downs and her patterns - Hatched & Patched.  Although Anni wasn’t in the store today and I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get to meet her, I still had a wonderful time browsing and immersing myself in all the lovely things on display.

I came out with a few little mementos of my visit.

2012-09-25

We are now warm inside the van at the Big4 Bathurst.  Both Greg and Jordan are tucked up in bed, and I plan on doing the same things very soon.

Thanks for visiting,

Julie xxx

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you are having quite a great adventure. Have fun and enjoy your travel time!