Translate my blog

Saturday, June 05, 2010

It’s been a while……

I received an email from my friend Margaret tonight, that asked if I was OK, as I hadn’t updated my blog in some time.

She was right, it has been a little while, although I didn’t realise how long. After she asked the question I thought about it and realized I hadn’t been totally OK.

A few months ago I tried to donate blood and they said my haemoglobin was too low and refused to take it. I then had to visit my GP, she did a full blood work up and yes I was quite iron deficient. It certainly explained why I was feeling so exhausted.

Leading up to the blood donation, I was feeling totally exhausted, and it was an effort to do more than get up and go to work. All the other things that I usually do felt almost impossible to complete.

I was starting to think it was the beginning of the end of my zest for life….and I was blaming my recent 50th birthday.

Fortunately, after almost two weeks on iron supplements, I am beginning to feel more like my old self, my fear of old age may have been premature!

So what have I been up to since my last post…….

P1020776 I’ve been on a ‘Girls Weekend’ with two of my oldest friends. We met in 1976 when I started my first job at the S.G.I.O. now known as Suncorp. We worked together in the Date Entry Department and I hated it with a passion! Fortunately I managed a transfer after 18 months to a job I liked very much.

Sheryl and Toni were two of the best things I encountered in the 18 months I was a captive of the 10th floor!

It has been 12 years since out last ‘Girls Weekend’ and although we planned this weekend at the end of last year, I had forgotten to write it in my diary, and when I got a call from Toni to tell me where she had booked, and when we were meeting, I had to admit I had forgotten all about it!!

I was able to cancel other plans I had made and get a little excited about our weekend.

P1020760 Here are Sheryl and Toni beside the Brisbane River where we enjoyed a lovely lunch.

P1020763I loved the building in the back ground it says Smellie & Co…….!

P1020773 P1020774 P1020771 P1020775

We had planned on going to The Stamford, but ended up at The Royal on the Park. It was a much better price!!! Arriving at 11am on Saturday we enjoyed champagne in our room, with lots of chatting and laughter.

Lunch by the Brisbane River was just wonderful, with the sun shining and a slight breeze blowing, then a stroll through the Botanical Gardens to help our lunch along.

Back to our hotel for more drinks and nibbles.

Then went out for dinner just around the corner to The Port Office, we all enjoyed a delicious steak with an equally delicious glass of red wine.

Then back to our hotel for more drinks and nibbles.

It was a late night spend talking and laughing into the early hours of the morning.

Sunday was a scrumptious buffet breakfast, before we headed off to The Riverside Markets for a browse.

All too soon it was time to say goodbye to Sheryl, when her family came to pick her up. Toni and I had a little more time, so we checkout The Myer Centre for a light lunch and a little shopping.

It was a truly wonderful weekend, and we have vowed to do it again very soon!

979a573d08cd17f888a243d41cb3ae39

2 comments:

Kali said...

Sounds fabulous Julie, and you all certainly appeared to be having a great time.

Cath Ü said...

Sounds like you all had a terrific time... this weekend will be the same....

Cath's Blog
Cath Ü