Translate my blog

Saturday, June 05, 2010

and now for my next trick…..

Feeling a whole lot better now, means I have been working on a few ongoing projects, as well beginning a new one!

Last Friday, I met my special internet friend Sue for a lovely day. She was visiting from New Zealand so we arranged to get together and catch up.

We had a chat over morning tea then a trip to The Quilters Store at Salisbury, where we browsed a lot, chatted a lot and purchased a little!!P1020782

I couldn’t resist this cot quilt kit, the shop sample was stunning!  By they time we had finished our purchases, it was 3pm and we understood why we were feeling so hungry, so it was back to our meeting place for a late, late lunch.  It was difficult for us to say goodbye so rather than taking Sue to the bus stop, I drove her to her Daughter-In-Law, Hazel’s hair dressing salon, so we could talk a little more!!

We exchanged gifts, and I was the lucky recipient of a beautiful project pouch, Sue had made. I love it!

P1020792P1020793

The next day was Saturday and I had planned on visiting a local Quilt Show run by The Whitehill Church. It was a small but very lovely display of talented local quilters work, and a delightful array of trade tables. 

I managed to part with a little cash in exchange for some fabric with writing on it, a crochet scarf, a ceramic zinger for my scissors, with matching name badge and a cute little embroidered face cloth for my Grammy’s Glory Box.

P1020794 P1020797 P1020798 P1020795

All in all a weekend well spent!

979a573d08cd17f888a243d41cb3ae39

1 comment:

Cath Ü said...

I would of had my stall there too... but I was in Peachester at their quilt show...
Cath's Blog
Cath Ü