Translate my blog

Monday, January 04, 2010

Another day bites the dust!

Today was rainy and overcast again, so we decided on a day trip to Toowoomba.  We had a nice lunch at the Myer Cafeteria, Greg chose Roast Beef and I had a Chicken Salad, Jordan, as usual had Chicken Nuggets…..We often call him Nugget Boy.

Then we went looking at 5th Wheelers.Q48872 Greg has plans for us to travel when we retire and is keen to see what’s available.  He spent several hours surfing the net recently and had a few addresses in Toowoomba for us to visit.

We are still quite a few years from retirement, although if given the chance Greg would retire tomorrow.  Having an almost 13yo son makes my time line much more realistic, however, it doesn’t hurt to look and plan.

1074_comical_scene_of_a_happy_seamstress_sewing_a_green_sash

The biggest confession I have to make here is that I visited not one……let me repeat that…..not one patchwork or craft shop.  This is a biggie for me because Toowoomba has some of my favourite shops too.

Fortunately, these were waiting for me when we arrived home!

P1020394 Bali Pops and a  pattern for a fabric covered clothesline tote bag. I had ordered these from the Fat Quarter Shop before Christmas so it doesn’t count as a purchase in 2010!

P1020395 These also arrived today, Bag thingy’s - the kinda thingy that is at the opining of glasses cases.  I saw them at the last Quilt/Craft Show in Brisbane for about $5 each, but unfortunately they had sold out…..I’m glad, because these were available from this web site for about $1 each! I added some magnetic clips to my purchase and including postage it totalled about $20AU.

Also not deemed a 2010 purchase!

Phew…..I managed to talk myself outta that one!!

Thanks for visiting

images 008DC098248A64EFA549EBDC3B76FD8B

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Julie
So what happenned with the 5th wheeler? Are you just looking, and planning for later? We have a caravan and get away regularly for weekends. The plan is to travel extensively when we retire, a bit like you really. Still working but would give it up in an instance, if only that big Lotto win would come in!
Jenny from Upper Hutt, NZ

Unknown said...

Hi Julie!
Thank you very much for mentioning me on your blog+ picture! Very much appreciated! Nice blog and beautiful quilt work!!
Tessa.
http://slowpony.artfire.com