Translate my blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finally finished….

Today I completed the final block in The Homespun Magazine Breast of Friends BOM.

The original block was by Natalie Bird and although it was lovely, and I’m sure it was well suited to the set I just didn’t like it, can’t really explain why. I decided to change the block to another block by Natalie Bird from her book The Gift of Friendship. I kept it to the size of the original block so it will work out ok at the ‘putting together’ stage.

P1020359

Block 13 Breast of Friends BOM by Natalie Bird

I have also added the final borders to my second Double Irish Chain Quilt. I started this one at my annual retreat on the first weekend in November. I was struggling to add the borders because it necessitated me getting down on the floor to measure and pin the borders, and it gave me a really good excuse to procrastinate! So I did!

P1020207 P1020206

Until yesterday that is… I was clearing up my cutting table of all the ‘stuff’ that ends up there to be dealt with ‘later’ and saw that my basket of WIP’s was going to topple over if I didn’t get some finished. So that’s what I did yesterday, between watching the cricket, snoozing, reading and the all popular eating!

So good to see it done!

P1020355

Now to tackle something else from the WIP basket.

Thanks for visiting,

!cid_D7DAB94B4A32458085BAD679F9A6D7E3@owner8f1ed946b 979a573d08cd17f888a243d41cb3ae39

4 comments:

blessedspeedy said...

Lovely work Julie and you are obviously making great use of the holidays - I dont seem to be all Ive been doing is cleaning, washing and moving stuff from one room to the other!

Deb said...

Hey Julie, the block you chose for your breast of friends quilt is lovely. It will fit in no problems I am sure. I absoilutely adore your other quilt, looks fabulous.
hugs Deb

Joy said...

Oooh Julie, I'd love to see all your "Breast of Friends" blocks together ;o)! LOVE you Irish chain quilt, it's just fabulous!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Banaghaisge said...

The Irish Chain looks wonderful - congratulations. I do like the corners, they look very 'finished'!
And thank you for your 'view'. It is gorgeous, very relaxing Japanese Garden. Do envy you with allthat rain!
Happy New Year, and hugs, Jasmine