Translate my blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap

This gorgeous mini quilt arrived from Rhonda Lawton of Oakwood in Texas USA.

She also sent a lovely School House design card and a magnetic notebook with a cute Quilt Diva on it. I am so thrilled with the quilt and Rhonda's work is fantastic, hand quilted and all! I am impressed!

Rhonda said that Spring represents building something and so she used the Carpenters Wheel block as her inspiration. The fabrics and colours she has chosen to use are perfect.

Thank you Rhonda, I love it.

P1010888

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Lucky you...what a lovely mini-quilt! How is the Friends viewing progressing? Andrew and I are ploughing our way through Season 1 of NCIS. Great winter pass-time!! Cathyx

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough... what a pretty mini quilt :) Love the circular hand quilting around the Carpenter's Wheel ;)

I've been asked by a friend to do a mini quilt swap for fall... and this maybe my inspiration ;) I'm curious as to the finished size? how big are those HSTs? 2"?

Sew Glad to have found your blog ;) Feel free to visit mine too.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie