Translate my blog

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Quilt Retreat 2008 Projects


Here is a very small example of the kind of projects worked on, or discussed and looked at while on retreat in the beginning of November.

The purple and green quilt in the top left hand corner is from the same work shop I attended with Jan Phillips. Ann's choice of colours are really stunning, and so different from my choice shown here.

These fabric baskets began to pop up all over the place after Margaret showed hers, the pattern can be found on this blog.

Pam's cute little bag caught my attention as usual, the combination of fabrics were lovely. The earth moving equipment quilt top is also by Pam, for her grandson, we all gave our opinions on how she should go about bordering the panel, it turned out so well.

Lastly is the project I began back here. I had all the stitcheries done and the sashings stitched on so it was just a case of laying the blocks out and stitching them together.

I had plans to take many, many more photos of projects the girls worked on over the Retreat Weekend, but I seem to forget all about my good intentions once I got into the 'zone' perhaps next year I will have to take a dedicated 'photographer'

Now to go an find something to do that doesn't require my reading glasses....it seems I have lost them at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre after Thursday nights Billy Joel Concert!!! I really struggled at work yesterday, more than expected from the extra late night I had. My sister and I had gone prepared with a thermos and some fruit mince shortbreads to have in the car park while the majority of the traffic congestion cleared.....so I wasn't in my bed until after 1am, then a 6am start at work only gave me a few hours to recharge my batteries.

I am going to collect them tomorrow, (one of the cleaners picked them up) but in the mean time I have ordered another pair for just such an occasion, for now I am managing with an old pair of magnifying glasses!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

ohhh I am in awe of all your bags, I love them all and wish I had the ability to make one, I love the scrap bucket very much but I'm hopeless trying to follow a pattern. Maybe one day ! but for now I will just have drool over your's. Merry Christmas.