Translate my blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Holiday to Carnarvon Gorge




Well we are home from our trip to Carnarvon Gorge. It was a wonderful week of great weather, mild temperatures, scenic walks and fun with the kids. We took my niece Kate with us as company for Jordan, leaving Leah at home with my mum as she is now working full time and not available for school holidays anymore!

The Takarakka Bush Resort was very nice, with lovely van sites, our particular site was close to the amenities, camp kitchen and communal fireplace.
Our walks added up to about 55k's of leg work for us all, every step was worthwhile although the views aren't really done justice by my photographs...perhaps it is only best recorded by our own eyes. Just the same, I managed to take about 160 photographs. I did play around a bit with my camera settings and hopefully learnt a bit about how it works.

A good time was had by all, but it is always good to come home!

No comments: