Translate my blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

WOW!! half of 2007 is over already.......

Lantern Bag
It's now almost the end of June...where have those last 6 weeks gone? The school holidays have started today and I enjoyed my first sleep-in! Although I hate to waste a moment of my holiday time, it was a welcome change from the 5am alarm.

I have done a little stitching in the past few weeks, and taken some items into the local Hospice Gift Shop for sale. It gives me a little pocket money to spend on more fabric and craft items, plus the satisfaction of knowing someone is prepared to pay for my work!

This week I have plans to catch up on paperwork for the end of financial year tax time and prepare our caravan for a trip to Carnarvon Gorge. Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. I plan on getting familiar with my new digital camera and takings lots of photographs. Of course that will mean 'scrap booking' when I return.

I have included a photograph of my most recent bag project. My dear friend Sharon gave me the pattern, and I used some fabric I bought on a Sunday drive to a little town called Fernvale on the Brisbane Valley Highway. Just so happened that the craft/fabric shop was open and happened to have some lovely floral that suited the bag perfectly!

No comments: