Translate my blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Feeling Successful!

Why do I do these things to myself? What possessed me to think that I could connect a new modem/router with wireless connection to the computer the kids use?

I must need my head read! We have a new JB HiFi store just opened and I went there yesterday to buy a router. I had in my head what I thought I needed and the salesman sold me what I needed.

Off home to do the install......damn, the 'old' computer has no Ethernet connection ability.....so it looks like I need a new modem and a wireless USB thingy.

Back to the shop today to exchange yesterdays purchase...thankfully only about $20 was added to the earlier purchase price, thanks to a lovely salesman who seemed to feel sorry for me!!!

This afternoon was spent cleaning in and around my computer connections...what a huge pile of dust had accumulated down behind the desk!

The when all the new hardware was connected I was ready to roll....not so easy. First I lost my email connection, then I lost the Internet connection...I managed to get those back, then I couldn't connect the other computer....Here I sit 12 hours since I left the house to buy the needed 'bits' and I finally have everything connected and running.

Not sure I can do it all tomorrow when I turn the computer on again..who knows what will have happened to all the settings I worked so hard to get right tonight.

But all in all I am proud I was able to get it all done, even if I can hardly keep my eyes open to write this post.

No comments: