Translate my blog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

School Holidays are almost over

The long, long summer school holidays are almost over. Just two more sleeps and my son will be off to Grade 5. That reminds me, I should probably check his books are ready for the trip...I know I have them all, just don't relish the prospect of covering any of them.

These are the kinds of activities that cut into my patchwork time!

Today I went to check out a new Patchwork & Quilting Shop a 2 Down Street North Ipswich. It is "The Country Quilt Co." formally of Childers, now with new owners and a new location.

It is a lovely looking shop within the Post Office, I believe the Post Office will be relocating soon.

The walls displayed lots of inspiring quilts, and wall hangings, there were stitchery cushions, bags, patterns, books and of course bolts of fabric.

I rewarded myself with "The Polka Dot Girls" block of the month by Bronwyn Hayes - Red Brolly Designs. After all it was a stinking hot day and what better reward for venturing out of my nicely air-conditioned home? I do love her designs, and as I have all her books I felt it only fitting that I add this BOM to my collection.

I have been using her designs in another project I am working on and I am amazed to see her drawings evolve from her first book up to this BOM, the earlier drawings were quite simple and large while the later drawings are much more complex and detailed.

Not sure when I will use the designs, but I do like to have a full set!

Next door and a little up the road is Big Dad's Pie Shop, so it was just a perfect lunch treat to take home to my family.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Julie

I have just joined the SCQuilters web ring and I am doing the rounds to say hello to everyone. It is taking quite a while to get around and make a post at each one!