Translate my blog

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Is it too early to be over summer?


It's hot and humid and I am really tired of feeling like a puddle! The older I get the less I can tolerate the heat. We are fortunate to have air-conditioning, but there are so many things I need to do that don't involve sitting at home!

Today is Jordan's 10th Birthday. We usually have the birthday person choose the menu, because Jordan is such a fussy eater, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Fortunately he has chosen Pizza and Mud Cake......in the nick of time we have vouchers in the mail today - "Large Pizza $5.95" - what a bargain. The Mud Cake is waiting, it has a Rocky Road lump in the middle, courtesy of the local IGA Store!

My youngest child must be well aware of my cooking limitations....not that I am really lacking in talent, just the will to try is more my problem!
Here he is later with the birthday cake! I arrived home after my nightly walk to find my dear husband had formed the one and zero digits on the cake in candles....he used 12! I have heard of one to grow on but at this rate the kid will be 21 and still in high school!

No comments: