Translate my blog

Monday, January 01, 2007

Serena's Baby Quilt & Matching Bag

This quilt being displayed by my son Jordan was designed and made for Serena, a friend of my sister Wanda. Serena worked with Wanda for several years and she has recently given up work to have her baby, due in early 2007.

I designed the quilt top using my EQ5 program and it was very simple and fun to put together although I did have a size issue...totally an operator error, I thought I was working un unfinished sizes when in fact it was finished size Thankfully I made a sample block before I cut all the fabric, and the fabric I had cut was just cut down rather than discarded.

The cutting was done at home but the construction took place at my annual Quilt Retreat held on the first weekend in November 2006. I basted it at retreat to take advantage of the big tables then machine quilted it at home.

The matching bag used up the remaining fabric and will double as a carry bag for Serena to use when going out with her baby.

No comments: