Translate my blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

What a Glorious Day….

has dawned in my little neck of the woods.  After the cold and rain of yesterday it was wonderful to see the sunshine when I woke this morning.

P1040353

You can see how the frost has played havoc with all but the lovely green clover!

P1040352 

Georgie has been sunning herself on the deck.

P1040347 

This is The Zig Zag table runner by Sue Harvey free from this site.
I finished the hand stitching last night while watching some very ordinary TV, it seems Saturday night viewing is scheduled with the thought that every one goes out and so let’s just put any rubbish on, those silly enough to stay home won’t notice a thing!!!  I did notice!

P1040349 

This sun dappled photograph of my latest stitchery finish, Ballerina Angel Cushion by Ella & Skysie Designs mine isn’t a cushion.  My friend Gail and I were working on the same project at the same time, I look forward to seeing her interpretation.  I am still deciding if I will add beads to the rosettes on the ballet skirts…..leaning in that direction more every time I look at it!

It’s been a very productive morning for me so far…..I’ve shopped online, The Book Depository for Simple Essential Chocolate by Donna Hay, from Amazon for my Kindle,  A Scattered Life by Karen McQuestion and The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry this one recommended by a blogging friend Tammy, and three patterns from You Can Make This, one is a darling skirt and a ruffled nappy (diaper) cover for the beautiful Brooklynn, and for myself, something different……..a reversible craft bag!!

Now I am about to enjoy the last piece of this delicious cake.

P1040354 A simple White Wings packet mix, aptly named  Raspberry Swirl cake.  I used creamed cheese in the icing to make it doubly delish! We keep telling Jordan it is a Rhubarb Cake, he isn’t fooled unfortunately, he loves it as much as the rest of us!

Now it’s time to hit the shower and get dressed…….I did day that to my Facebook friends about an hour ago, but as usual I got side tracked!

 

Thanks for visiting.

 

Julie xxx

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Julie if you lived close to me I'd be knocking on your door and begging for a piece of that delicious looking cake!! Love the table runner - thanks for sharing the site with the pattern. And the ballerinas are so adorable, just to cute for words!!

ARC said...

Love it all, as usual....your posts are always good therapy.

I am very surprised you purchased a bag pattern - not like you at all!!

I understand the allure of Book Depository, now that I am back teaching Textiles, I've HAD to buy some books related to my teaching :-)

FlourishingPalms said...

What a pretty blue sky and clouds. And you can see palm trees! Oh, don't I envy you that! I really like your table runner (you make me want to sew one), but the embroidered ballerinas are my favorite. So cute. Seems that you're already hoping Brooklynn will one day take up ballet. True?

Sue said...

Isn't it great when the sun shines.
Love the ballerina's.
Was it me who helped you have a clean out or another Suzy:-))

Cath Ü said...

Beads on the ballerina's skirts would look lovely... I see you made a zig zag table runner... very nice... cake looked delicious... and I am really surprised you bought a bag pattern... just doesn't seem like something you would do at all.... LOL
Cath Ü