Translate my blog

Saturday, December 04, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

I just can’t resist a countdown, and what better reason than the end of my working year and the beginning of my summer holidays?

Only 5 more working days! YIPPEE!

Since my last post, Greg has had a birthday…. he turned 51 and we had a little family celebration, afternoon tea!

P1030364 My gift to him was an ASUS eeePC, net book, to welcome him into the 21st century, setting him up with a hotmail address and a Face book page, so the kids can entertain him with their updates.  Especially Leah who updates on a very regular basis.

A number of visits from Brooklynn, showing just how fast she is growing. She will be 8 weeks old Monday

P1030354 P1030356 P1030362

 

Our card classes have come to a close for the holidays, and these Christmas ideas were a lot of fun to make.

P1030366

Last night Jordan and I joined a work mate and her two children for a trip into the city to check out the Christmas lights.  We arrived at about 2.30 pm and sent the boys off to have some time together while Carolyn and I enjoyed more girly browsing.  I don’t think there was a home ware store, perfume counter or dress shop we didn’t check out.  Buying almost nothing, but having a fun evening chatting and discussing what we found.

Our dinner stop was at a Wang Dynasty in Southbank, where we sat outside taking in the city lights across the river.  Our meal was delicious, a Thai Prawn Curry and fried rice, followed by Caramel Surprise for dessert.  We felt very decadent sitting back, relaxing and enjoying each others company.

P1030386 P1030384

Christmas Tree – King George Square                      This Christmas tree was in the window of an office building.

My dear friend Sharon sent me an early birthday gift, and I couldn’t resist opening straight away.  I’m so glad I did, it is really lovely.

P1030371 The darling little owl is now at work where I can see it on a daily basis and it makes me smile every time! Thanks Sharon!

To end this photo heavy post I can’t resist another couple of Brooklynn, our delightful grand daughter!

P1030375 P1030383

Even when she is crying I find her delightful!

 

Thanks for visiting,

Julie xx

3 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, I so enjoy seeing pictures of your family! What wonderful activities you've had, celebrating life. Greg became a grampa at the young age of 50, huh? And you too! Wow.

Your day out with your girlfriend looks like it was so nice - good times, good friend, good food. How much better can it get? And that little Brooklynn is a charmer! I completely understand your feelings toward her. Grandies are so precious.

Enjoy, enjoy this season. We'll be sharing in the anticipation of your countdown. Blessings dear friend.

Unknown said...

Lovely Post Julie...little Brooklyn is just Gorgeous & I know what you mean about them growing so quickly...our little one is nearly crawling....
cheers

Sue said...

Good to have you back Julie. What a beautiful wee girl. You are going to have so much fun with her. Love the cards.
I bet your night out was exhausting - all that chatting!! VBG
Cheers
Sue