Translate my blog

Saturday, December 04, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

I just can’t resist a countdown, and what better reason than the end of my working year and the beginning of my summer holidays?

Only 5 more working days! YIPPEE!

Since my last post, Greg has had a birthday…. he turned 51 and we had a little family celebration, afternoon tea!

P1030364 My gift to him was an ASUS eeePC, net book, to welcome him into the 21st century, setting him up with a hotmail address and a Face book page, so the kids can entertain him with their updates.  Especially Leah who updates on a very regular basis.

A number of visits from Brooklynn, showing just how fast she is growing. She will be 8 weeks old Monday

P1030354 P1030356 P1030362

 

Our card classes have come to a close for the holidays, and these Christmas ideas were a lot of fun to make.

P1030366

Last night Jordan and I joined a work mate and her two children for a trip into the city to check out the Christmas lights.  We arrived at about 2.30 pm and sent the boys off to have some time together while Carolyn and I enjoyed more girly browsing.  I don’t think there was a home ware store, perfume counter or dress shop we didn’t check out.  Buying almost nothing, but having a fun evening chatting and discussing what we found.

Our dinner stop was at a Wang Dynasty in Southbank, where we sat outside taking in the city lights across the river.  Our meal was delicious, a Thai Prawn Curry and fried rice, followed by Caramel Surprise for dessert.  We felt very decadent sitting back, relaxing and enjoying each others company.

P1030386 P1030384

Christmas Tree – King George Square                      This Christmas tree was in the window of an office building.

My dear friend Sharon sent me an early birthday gift, and I couldn’t resist opening straight away.  I’m so glad I did, it is really lovely.

P1030371 The darling little owl is now at work where I can see it on a daily basis and it makes me smile every time! Thanks Sharon!

To end this photo heavy post I can’t resist another couple of Brooklynn, our delightful grand daughter!

P1030375 P1030383

Even when she is crying I find her delightful!

 

Thanks for visiting,

Julie xx

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, I so enjoy seeing pictures of your family! What wonderful activities you've had, celebrating life. Greg became a grampa at the young age of 50, huh? And you too! Wow.

Your day out with your girlfriend looks like it was so nice - good times, good friend, good food. How much better can it get? And that little Brooklynn is a charmer! I completely understand your feelings toward her. Grandies are so precious.

Enjoy, enjoy this season. We'll be sharing in the anticipation of your countdown. Blessings dear friend.

Maree: said...

Lovely Post Julie...little Brooklyn is just Gorgeous & I know what you mean about them growing so quickly...our little one is nearly crawling....
cheers

Sue said...

Good to have you back Julie. What a beautiful wee girl. You are going to have so much fun with her. Love the cards.
I bet your night out was exhausting - all that chatting!! VBG
Cheers
Sue