Translate my blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hugs & Kisses Round Robin

I was thrilled to be asked by Jan to join her and two of her friends in this project.

Vicky and Fiona are the other two participants.

I’ve had some time off work yesterday and today as Greg was having surgery and he needed a little of my moral support, and Jordan needed my mothering skills to get him to school. So what’s a girl to do while waiting, well I got my first block completed.

P1030326

I usually stick to back stitch, but at the Quilt Show on Saturday, an exhibitor described how she used stem stitch and so I gave it a go and quite liked the look for some of the elements of this embroidery.

The next lot of instructions are due out next week, I’m intrigued to know what comes next!

Thanks for visiting,

008DC098248A64EFA549EBDC3B76FD8B

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a lovely stitchery, Julie. It's apparent you're a very accomplished stitcher. I'm glad someone snagged you to participate in their round robin!

I hope Greg's recovering well.

Jan Quigley said...

Whoa Julie it's absolutely gorgeous, certainly puts my offering to shame. I might have to tizz mine up a bit when it eventually returns. :-))))
hugs, Jan