Translate my blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mt Alford Lodge – Quilt Retreat

The Venue

Last night I returned from my first Retreat at Mt Alford, and to say the venue is stunning is an understatement.

On arrival I was greeted by a feeling of peace and tranquillity. The cottage was beautifully appointed, 3 double rooms, each with ensuite and a common kitchenette and comfy lounge dining area.

P1020846 P1020845 P1020844 P1020843

Arriving Friday afternoon at about 3pm this was the gorgeous entry vista.

P1020854

After setting up our sewing area and getting settled into our assigned cottages it was just a matter of getting reacquainted with the 8 other attendees and beginning to get started on our projects.

P1020817

Maree sporting an interesting hat?

P1020820

Jeanette helps display my first completed project for photographing. They only required stuffing and the opening stitched shut. A very good warming up project! These Kokeshi Dolls come from Melly & Me as a freebie from their blog.

After that it was just a short wait for the most mouth watering, roast beef dinner, followed by a dessert so scrumptious and mind blowing, I can’t remember what it was?

We ate in a relaxed atmosphere with beautiful surrounds.

My next finished project was my Dragonfly-less quilt as you go project.

P1020823

I had only the binding to finish hand stitching, so I was really on a roll with two finishes in a matter of a few hours.

After dinner some of us headed for the showers and our Pj’s, it was then back for more stitching and chatting,

P1020821


Kath, Maree, Debbie, Bev & Jeanette

P1020822

Margaret, Barbara and Helen.

At about midnight, it was time for us to hit the sack, where my roomie, Debbie and I slept like the dead!

More next post…

Thanks for visiting

979a573d08cd17f888a243d41cb3ae39

5 comments:

Joy said...

Julie your dragonfly-less Dragonflight looks just fabulous ;o)!! I love the colours!!! Looks like you all had a fabulous time ... I see some familiar faces there ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Jeanette said...

Where's Barb's photo? :)

Cathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...great finishes too!! Cathyx

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh Julie, it looks like so much fun! What a gorgeous place to get away to! You're definitely NOT a virgin quilter... planning two finishes at the get-go! Heh, heh. So glad to know you could have such a good time.

Cath Ü said...

I am sure that first dessert had something to do with chocolate mousse..... plus other stuff... and jelly..... I can't remember either.... but it was yummy.... Thank you for all your quilting knowledge that you happily passed onto me.... and thank you for posting that pic of Maree... I promised her I wouldn't post it on mine... LOL

Did you get that second quilt's binding stitched down when you got home..... I have finished another stitchery... now to put it into a small wall hanging... using my new found knowledge that is.... LOL

I tell you I will be teaching patchwork next year... LOL


Cath's Blog
Cath Ü