Translate my blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Latest Happenings

The holidays are flying by at a speed that is never experienced when at work….why is that?

P1020406

This cute little fellow made me smile.  You may notice the handle and spout protruding from his innards, so his function is obviously a Tea Cosy.  He has a personality all his own, and the proud owner is Ann of my last post.  He belonged to Ann’s mother-in-law, I’m almost certain Ann said her Mother-in-law made him.  What a wonderful legacy to pass on to the next generation!

P1020412 

Another Tea Cosy from Ann’s collection. 

P1020404 Almost three weeks into 2010 and I bet you have been wondering when I was going to make a bag…..well wonder no more.

I bought SEW by Cath Kidston, that came complete with a pre-cut fabric kit. A nice, simple tote to begin 2010.  If ever you are looking for great priced books, with NO postage charges, be sure to check out The Book Depository, you won’t be sorry!

Since completing the bag, I have begun another, the pattern was a gift from my lovely friend Sharon and it is called Diva Essential Designer Bag by Lynndi Enright. The pattern and instructions are extensive, but so well written, with step by step tick off steps to help make construction simple.

Yesterday there was no stitching at my place. A very odd thing while on holidays from work I can tell you.  Why you may ask?  My darling daughter, Leah and I had a trip to the city, for final bridal purchases.

It was a really great day, we left home at about 11.30am and didn’t arrive home until almost 8pm, to say we were exhausted was an understatement.  Leah managed to get all items on her list except for the shoes.  I think we went into every shoe shop in Brisbane City with only about 2 or 3 pair she was even prepared to try on. So many had 6” heels and others were covered in buckles and straps, nothing Bride-Like in her price range.  Let’s hope she doesn’t have to be a barefoot bride?

Well it’s back to The Diva Bag for me….

Thanks for visiting,

008DC098248A64EFA549EBDC3B76FD8B

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my... ah (breathless), I'm so relieved to know you're working on another bag. I was getting concerned!

Barefoot Leah! Heavens no. But wearing tennis shoes - yes! How about an inexpensive pair of white tennis shoes, bedazzled by Leah with rhinestones. Hidden under a long gown, no one will be the wiser, and her feet will be comfortable. Just a crazy thought.