Translate my blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Taking it easy.....

I am trying to take it easy, as I recover from a Hernia Repair.  The doctor said I wasn't to drive for a week and needed to take 3 weeks off work to recover from the repair and surgery.  Fortunately I have many things to keep me occupied while at home.

Two more blocks in the Breast of Friends series are now done.

P1010882

Block 6 designed by Lynette Anderson. 

I have altered mine just a little, the original design has the letters and words for the sign post stitched onto fabric then applique to the background, I cut out the middle man and stitched directly onto the background. I have also omitted the cross stitch around the outer. I can always add it later if necessary.

P1010884

Block 7 designed by Rosalie Quinlan.

No changes to this design, a direct copy.  I'm not sure my circles are improving, but I will keep trying to get them as close to round as I can!

5 comments:

Kate Quilts said...

Cute blocks, Julie.

Ooh, cute bloggy wallpaper too! (I haven't been here for a little bit).

Cheers,
Kate

Cathy said...

Glad to hear you are taking it easy!! Hope all went well!!
(Milk it for all its worth won't you!!) Cheers Cathyx

Unknown said...

Know how you are feeling I had the same Op March last year...a Great Tip from one of the Nurses...when you need to walk around hold a cushion on your Tummy for support...Mine was directly under the Bellybutton...I was off work for 6 weeks but my work is heavy...
Your Blocks are Lovely...
take care

Di said...

I hope you're all well and recovered soon, Julie. While you're wrestling with those appliquee circles you might like to take a look at how I solved the problem of getting mine nice and round on my latest project.
http://snippetsnscraps.blogspot.com/2009/05/tutorial-how-to-applique-tiny-1-cm.html

I know mine are smaller, but it might help.

Béa said...

Beautiful new blocks ! Kiss from France