Translate my blog

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Quiet weekend on the stitching front

This long weekend has begun with very little stitching.  I spent today cleaning up my sewing room, it had a fairly thick coating of dust, threads on the rug, and messy shelves. 

I rearranged the power board that all my appliances plug into and sorted through my WIP's, vacuumed the rug and dusted every surface.

As usual, I now just want to look at the room and not make any mess. 

I do however, have this completed block to show for my efforts this week. The buttons are only positioned, as I don't want to add them until the top is completed, just in case they get in the way of the quilting!

P1010825

Block 3 A Tisket a Tasket BOM from Bunny Hill Designs

5 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Hi Julie! Your bunny basket is as cute as can be, and your applique looks beautiful! It must be hand-stitched. What method of hand-applique do you prefer?

ARC said...

Yet another beautifully executed block, Julie.... I love the fabric you've used for the basket, it looks so realistic! (The ATCs I said I was sending you are still to be posted - sorry!)

JulesQuilts said...

Oh I sooo need to 'do' my sewing studio, you have insired me just wish I was the other side of the dusting too!
Love the folders and postcards.

Cathy said...

I love this block...infact all your Tiskets are looking beautiful...I have printed off the patterns and chosen my fabrics so I guess I have made a start?? Cheers Cathyxx

Solstitches said...

You've been very busy Julie!
I love your Bunny Hill blocks and thanks for the link to the tutorial on the ribbon.
Not sure I will be able to get my head around that but would love to have some personalised ribbon.
I hope you are feeling better!

Margaret