Translate my blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bessie Frill Bag today's project

P1010782

Here is my efforts for today. This pattern is the one I confessed to buying a few days earlier.  As you may know bags are my passion, and I couldn't let another day go by without working on this one.  I added a few of my own special design features.

The rick-rack and the quilting, I also used a magnetic snap closure instead of the button and fabric loop.  Not because I didn't like the button and fabric loop, I had actually made the fabric loop then went to put it into place before stitching the lining and outer together, only to realise the gap to join the frill that I had positioned to the side needed to be centre front for the loop to go over and around the button.

Necessity being the mother of invention, I used a magnetic snap closure!

This bag matches my 'Frock" from last weekend!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Don't you just love that word "Frock"...its a shocker!! But you are right the bag does match beautifully, well co-ordinated!!
Cathyx