Translate my blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Look what's come to live at my place!


I was trawling Ebay a few weeks ago and look what I found.......

These two lovely Antique sewing machines were irresistible to me. I particularly liked the gold work on the Anker - Gloria and the bidding was a little furious at the end, but I managed not to go over my limit.

I had been bidding on another machine that I had to let go as it went above my limit, I justified the second purchase to myself (and my husband) because it was so lovely and unusual with the violin bed, no one else had put in a bid and I managed to get both machines including insurance and postage for just over $500. A bargain I thought!

Considering I had paid quite a bit more for one machine from a dealer in Esk, although that one had been beautifully restored. These machines are in very good condition for their age and have a character that I love.

They look really nice in my sewing room, surrounded by fabrics and paraphernalia of stitching.

2 comments:

Kali said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julie, you've done well! Kali

simplestitches said...

How wonderful! I too, just love old sewing machines....every time I go to a market I keep a look out for any that may catch my interest, so far 2 lovely ones. I'm sure there will be more...