Translate my blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chocolate Lace Crisps

These fabulous biscuits are just out of the oven!


They actually look like the picture in the recipe book!



Women's Weekly Cupcakes & Cookies recipe book, I purchased last week for the princely sum of $4.50......well worth the expense I believe.

This is not the first thing I have made from the book, I was on supper duty at my local Patchwork club and I made Daisy Cakes and Snickerdoodles.

Each recipe has been simple and easy to follow....just my kind of baking! I was particularly proud of this batch of biscuits as they looked so good, and tasted even better.

Chocolate Lace Crisps
100g dark chocolate
80g butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup plain flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/4 cup icing sugar

1. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat transfer to a medium sized bowl....I used the microwave.
2. Stir in caster sugar, egg and sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until mixture is firm enough to handle.
3. Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan forced, line oven tray with baking paper.
4. Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls, roll each ball in icing sugar, place balls on tray. Mine didn't spread much so they can be spaced about 5cm apart. Bake about 15 min, cool on trays.

Makes about 50 - store in air-tight container at room temperature for up to one week.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

umm yum pity you couldn't send me some through cyberspce.

ARC said...

YUMMM!! They look scrumptious Julie! They look like a great recipe for my adolescents to make for us!

PamelaJ said...

Yum Julie come to my house and make some for me.!!

PamelaJ said...

Yum Julie come and make me some !!