Translate my blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Yo Yo Bag

Inspired by some fabric scraps (totally out of my comfort zone!) given to me by Ms Patten at retreat this year, I decided to use my newly acquired Clover Yo-Yo makers. I made just as many in the small size as I had fabric squares and the same with the larger size. Then I stitched the strips together....I didn't trim them at all, just stitched them together!

I did a little free motion quilting, in a simple daisy like flower pattern randomly over the rectangle and wadding.

The resulting rectangle was a bit too large for the bag I pictured in my mind, but fortunately.....I had forgotten to make handles, so I whacked off a couple of 1.5" strips from the width of the rectangle, this fixed both dilemma's...handles and a narrower rectangle!

I added a pocket to my lining and put it all together, boxing the bottom. I stitched the yo-yo's around the top and to the handles.

Today I took it for a road test when we went for a drive to Toowoomba, my purse, mobile phone, reading glasses and my camera all fitted perfectly!

Another bag to add to my growing collection!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda Robertus said...

Wow! Love the bag, Julie!
Cheers, Linda

Lissa Jane said...

Love the bag, but I am beginning to think you are a Bag Whore as well as a Widget Whore???

How many bags is that now??


Lissa
who is yet to finish a couple of bags.. *sigh* too much happening in my other life..