Translate my blog

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Eggs & Tomato Sauce Table Runner


I call this my Eggs & Tomato Sauce Table Runner because the colours remind me of exactly that!

My friends Sue, Sharon and I made a trip to the Rosewood Craft Group's challenge day earlier this year. It was a great chance to catch up with each others news and check out what other like minded patchworkers had been up to. The morning tea was up to the usual high standard of the 'country ladies' and a lovely array of shops were in residence to give us something to spend our money on!

The table runner was one of my purchases. Sharon bought the same kit in another colourway and we made plans to spend the day sewing it together and having a good natter at the same time.

It took a couple of weeks for that date to come but we had a lovely time and the kit went together like a dream. The instructions were very clear and simple, just like us!!

I machine quilted it with a diagonal design across the red squares and then in the ditch around the outer borders. It is now on my dining room table where it looks fabulous!

No comments: