Translate my blog

Friday, April 02, 2010

My little holiday has begun!

A day early too!  I worked extra hours earlier in the week so I was told I could begin the holidays a day early! Yippee.  This morning I was planning on having my first sleep-in, but old habits die hard, I woke at 6am, which is still technically a sleep-in, just not as long as I had planned.

Jordan woke at 10.30am so I guess he got my sleep-in somehow?

One advantage is that all the washing is now done, the house tidy and I am in my sewing room.

Here are my finishes for the week.

P1020612 Macramé Bead work bracelet. Sharon and I did this as a mini workshop at Craftfest last weekend.

P1020614 P1020615          This purse pattern comes from a tutorial on Quiltsalot Blog. This one is a little tall, although I am certain I will find a use for it just the same. I will be making more, it’s a great technique.

P1020627P1020628                A floor/picnic quilt so I could practice my machine quilting. The fabrics are a memento of our trip to Tamworth late last year, from a shop in Inverell. You can click on the photograph to get a better look if you like.

P1020629This is another kit purchase from Craftfest. from Blue Willow Cottage. The embroidery design comes from a stamp I bought on the same day at another stall, I stamped the fabric and stitched over the design. Just another way to use my stash of tools and accessories!

P1020630                                        The last block in the Tisket a Tasket BOM is now complete. I am so excited about the way I did the red berries I am going to do a little tutorial in my next post, never done one of those before…….?

Thanks for visiting,

979a573d08cd17f888a243d41cb3ae39

1 comment:

Cath Ü said...

Love the stamping idea... love your floor quilt.. oh I love it all...LOL
Cath's Blog

Cath Ü