Translate my blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Class excursion to Toowoomba

Last Thursday a group of my friends and I had an excursion to Toowoomba to visit some Patchwork & Quilting Shops. We left at about 8.15am from a central meeting point and drove in one car to the first shop in Toowoomba called "Prescious Time". I realised I had driven past it on other ocassions and never realised I was pasing a Patchwork Shop.... I had always prided myself on being able to sniff them out at any distance. Oh well my radar may need re-wiring!

This shop was so beautiful! We were all in 7th Heaven as we browsed and fondled the gorgeous fabrics. I had thought about buying a kit should I find one that I liked and this was exactly what I did at this shop. It is a shabby floral star quilt kit and I plan on putting it together at our retreat later in the year.

Next stop was at The Village on the Green at Highfields 10k's north of Toowoomba for morning tea, we certainly needed to get a coffee fix to sustain us for the rest of the day. The next shop was another pure patchworkers delight. Every sample imaginable was on display to lure us to make a purchase....and purchase we did!

I found a cute embroidered teddy pattern, a lovely tea time stitchery, and some fabric to complete the stitchery on as well. Some chunky antique styled keys completed my purchases.

A stroll around the green had us taking in several other stores and some of us made more purchases. We ALL made purchases at the chocolate shop.

While heading back to the car we decided to brave the drizzle and fog to cross the road and check out the shops across the other side. We were all delighted at what we found. Another patchwork shop, a lovely gift shop, and our eventual lunch destination.

The time passed all too quickly, it was soon time to head for home. The trip was full of laughter and chatting.

No comments: